Spontaneous combustion explanation for parkade fireplace in Saskatoon condo: investigator – Saskatoon

A spontaneous burn from improperly stored chemicals is the cause of a fire at the Lakewood Urban Center in Saskatoon on Tuesday, according to a fire investigator.

Members of the Saskatoon Fire Department (SFD) were called to an apartment building on Pawlychenko Lane at around 3:10 am and saw smoke rising from the upper door of the parking garage.

Continue reading:

Saskatoon Police released details of the victim in the house explosion on Clarence Avenue

“The evacuation by vehicles and (apartment) tenants was already in progress,” said an SFD statement on June 22nd.

When the sprinkler system was activated, the firefighters said they had pushed a hose line and quickly brought the fire under control around 3:30 a.m.

“Smoke was reported on all three levels of the apartment building. The fire department started ventilating the building to reduce smoke and carbon monoxide, ”the statement said.

The story continues under the advertisement

“Tenants were allowed to return to their suites at 5am as soon as the smoke was cleared and the carbon monoxide level was reduced to 1 (parts per million).”

The investigator searched the parkade and confirmed that spontaneous combustion had occurred in a storage cabinet due to improperly stored chemicals, which Hazmat technicians then secured.

According to SFD, the damage is estimated at $ 25,000 and there were no injuries.

Click here to play the video:

The partial closure of the Market Mall after a fire in the Dollarama store causes damage of US $ 100,000

The partial closure of the Market Mall after a fire in the Dollarama store causes $ 100,000 damage – June 4, 2021

Similar news

© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Comments are closed.