Spontaneous combustion explanation for $200Ok home fireplace in Saskatoon – Saskatoon

A spontaneous burn on the deck of a house in River Heights started a fire that caused $ 200,000 in damage.

The fire in the house on Capilano Drive was alerted shortly after 6.45 p.m. on Thursday, the Saskatoon Fire Department said.

A neighbor says he was one of the first people before the fire department arrived and intervened.

Michael Chubb said he was putting away a garden hose when he smelled smoke.

“(I) looked over the fence and there is a lot more smoke than a fire pit,” Chubb told Global News.

The story continues under the advertisement

“The back of the house was definitely smoking, so I threw my garden hose over the fence, crawled over the fence, and started spraying.”

Trend stories

Chubb said the siding was on fire and it looked like it was going into the roof.

The fire was on the second floor and had spread when the emergency services arrived in the attic, said the fire department in a message.

Flames flickered through holes in the roof as several firefighters worked to put out the fire.

No injuries were reported.

A fire inspector followed the start of the fire to the deck after a rag with linseed oil for staining wood had spontaneously burned.

Click to play video:

Morning fire destroys buildings near downtown Saskatoon

Morning fire destroys buildings near downtown Saskatoon – May 3, 2021

© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Comments are closed.