Saskatoon storage fireplace attributable to improper extinguishment of open air fireplace pit: fireplace division – Saskatoon

The Saskatoon Fire Department is reminding local residents to use more water when putting out fires outdoors after a garage caught fire from improperly extinguishing a fireplace on Sunday.

“A smoldering fire or hot embers that are not completely saturated with water can ignite again,” says a press release from the ministry.

The garage fire was discovered at around 3:11 a.m. by the Saskatoon Police aircraft patrol, who then notified the fire department.

Three machines, a flight unit, a rescue machine and the battalion chief were sent to block 900 on Temperance Street for the fire.

The fire investigation has been completed and damage to the detached garage is estimated at $ 40,000.

The story continues under the advertisement

No firefighters or civilians were injured.

Similar news

© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Comments are closed.