Saskatoon civic companies for Remembrance Day – Saskatoon
Here is an overview of which public services and facilities in Saskatoon are open, closed or have changed hours on Remembrance Day, Thursday, November 11th.
The town hall
- All administrative offices remain closed.
- Open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Garbage – collections as planned.
- Recycling – collections as planned.
- Organics – The 2021 collection season has ended.
- Open from 7.30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Both compost depots are closed for the season.
- Fixed route transit will operate on public holidays and no on-demand transit will be offered.
- Access Transit operates from 8.30 a.m. to 11 p.m. on public holidays
Free transit for past and present military
Saskatoon Transit recognizes veterans and current members of the Canadian Armed Forces with a complimentary transit service on Remembrance Day. Authorized transit users can identify themselves upon boarding by wearing military uniform or presenting a military ID or CF1 card.
The story continues under the advertisement
Campaign launched in Saskatchewan in 2021 with the distribution of the first poppies
- No payment is required.
- Motorists are reminded that all other parking regulations, including parking time limits, remain in effect.
Urban restricted lot
Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park and Zoo
- The zoo is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Forsthofpark is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Cosmo Civic Center – Closed.
- Harry Bailey Aquatic Center – 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Lakewood Civic Center – 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Lawson Civic Center – 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saskatoon Field House – 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Shaw Center – 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Terry Fox Track – Closed.
- Open from 12 noon
- Parent-child skating in the ACT Arena from 2:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Public ice skating at the Cosmo Civic Center from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Memorial stone at the University of Saskatchewan
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.