One man injured in Montgomery storage hearth: Saskatoon Fireplace Division – Saskatoon
The cause of a garage fire in the Montgomery neighborhood of Saskatoon, in which a man with minor burns was injured, has not yet been clarified, the Saskatoon Fire Department said in a statement.
At around 12.30 p.m., the department received several emergency calls reporting a detached garage on fire.
Prairie Heights Condo Board issued an invoice from SFD for $ 58,000 for security repairs
Three machine companies, an aircraft, a heavy ambulance, a battalion chief, and a fire investigator were dispatched to the scene in the 1500 block on Lancaster Boulevard.
Firefighters noticed heavy black smoke in the Montgomery neighborhood on their way to the scene.
Disney will close most of its Canadian stores through August 18th. Here you are
Simone Biles, American gymnast, is withdrawing from Olympic team gymnastics
“The first commanding officer to arrive reported a single detached garage that was completely embroiled in a fire in a neighboring house, as well as overhead lines that were arched over,” the fire department said.
The story continues under the advertisement
The firefighters conducted a “rapid transition attack” to prevent further exposure to other structures while watching out for the shutdown power line.
Other crews used water supply lines connected to the garage by a nearby fire hydrant and two additional attack lines.
Additional crews switch off the main switch and the natural gas supply of the house.
The Saskatoon Fire Department deals with a college park apartment fire
Saskatoon Light and Power and SaskEnergy were also called into the scene.
The fire was brought under control within 14 minutes of the arrival of the first device. The injured man was taken care of by the emergency services on site.
The cause of the fire was found to be an accident due to welding work. The damage is estimated at $ 100,000.
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.