Fireplace in Saskatoon’s Exhibition neighbourhood deemed suspicious – Saskatoon
A fire investigator has ruled a fire suspicious after a house was damaged in the Exhibition district of Saskatoon on Tuesday morning.
The Saskatoon Fire Department (SFD) said they received a call at 4:24 a.m. reporting a building fire in the 2100 block of Coy Avenue.
The back of a bungalow was completely affected when the fire brigade arrived, the fire brigade announced in a message.
Crews said the roof was then completely damaged and there were signs of a roof collapse on one side of the house 26 minutes after the call was received.
The rear roof tip collapsed inward at 5:29 a.m., the fire department announced.
The story continues under the advertisement
The crews then switched to a defense mode to protect exposures and extinguish the fire from a safe distance.
No injuries were reported.
The crime scene was turned over to a fire investigator at 7:14 a.m. SFD said Saskatoon police will assist with the investigation.
On Wednesday, SFD announced that its investigation was complete and that the fire that broke out at the rear of the building caused $ 150,000 in damage.
The Saskatoon Fire Department’s weed fire season kicks off early with a flurry of fires
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
Comments are closed.