COVID-19 outbreaks declared at three Saskatoon elementary faculties – Saskatoon

Three more schools in Saskatoon have announced COVID-19 outbreaks.

The Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA) on Sunday declared outbreaks at WP Bate, Ernest Lindner and Chief Whitecap elementary schools.

According to the SHA, nine new infections were reported at the Chief Whitecap School, six at the Ernest Lindner School and three at the WP Bate School.

Continue reading:

COVID-19 – Saskatoon mother frustrated after son’s appointments, surgery canceled

The schools affected will resume classes on Monday as usual.

“The safety of our students and employees is a priority for us. Our schools’ safety protocols, including mandatory masking and improved cleaning, are critical to reducing the risk of transmission, ”Saskatoon Public said in its statement.

The story continues under the advertisement

Saskatoon public schools said they were informed of the outbreak statements on Monday. Students, staff and school families at each school have received notifications of the outbreaks since then.

Since the beginning of the 2021-22 school year, the school department has reported 100 positive cases in 38 locations within the department.

© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Comments are closed.